I had my first ever drug test yesterday! It was traumatic or maybe I'm being dramatic :) One of my best friends, Amy, would always say that I'm going to die when I'm a mom, because I don't do bodily fluids. She's right that I don't deal well with them, but I'm sure I'll be able to handle it when I'm a mom. Once, Grandma was in the hospital and I was helping the nurse change her. As the nurse swung the underwear thing underneather her, the side went in the toilet and splashed it right into my mouth! Oh.my.gosh! It was horrible!
So, back to the drug test... The whole procedure was strange. Having to lock my stuff in the lockbox in the bathroom was weird. Like I would be carrying around someone else's urine. Sick! Crazy people that would do that! Anyways, that's done and over with. Thank goodness!
Remember being in highschool and absolutely loving someone? You had the biggest crush on this person, and you just wanted to be in their presence, even if that meant driving on their street. Don't deny it! I rode in enough cars with girls doing that very thing, and I can't tell you the number of times we drove right past MY someone's house. So dumb! What is the point?! You know it still happens, though.
Well, nowadays you don't even need to get in your car to do a driveby. You can just log on to your facebook account and do a "virtual" driveby. Just checkin' things out! Interesting thought! I've mentioned before how annoying it is to be talking to someone, and say "well, I just did_________" and they're like, "yeah, I know. I saw it on facebook..." So, in the last few months I've slowed down my posts about my personal life. I'll post quotes, links to great messages, links to songs that have touched me at the moment (and I'm sure if you're paying attention, and really know what's going on with me, those things seem to be sharing my personal life, but for those facebook friends and other friends and family that hardly know me or talk to me, what does it matter?) Anyways, some things people post are freakin' hilarious and some are so inappropriate, some are fabulous and some are questionable. Like for example, a guy I went to highschool with (or his wife) posted a picture of him, with a poster of details about his biological parents, and he found both of them and a plethora of family members in just a few days! Amazing! Then there's the girl that is now in college and thinks everyone needs to know the exact calories she eats, every meal, and how many hours she puts in at the gym, every three hours of the day. Really?! Get outside of yourself. This last example is of something that should not be put out there for everyone to see. A recently married woman I know, is now going through a divorce. Apparently, he decided they're better just being friends. How do I even know this? It's right there for everyone to see, which 63 comments followed by whoever wanted to. It's sad, but so not anyone else's business!
There you go! Enough rantings for today :)
Hope it's a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment