On Sunday, in opening exercises of primary, the two speakers didn't show up, and their mom's didn't bother to inform the primary presidency, so they had to ad lib. So, one of the counselors decided that it would be a great opportunity for the children to share something they were thankful for. She started with the sunbeams. They all pretty much said their families, except one little girl that said Jesus. I was pretty impressed with that. Then they went to the 5 & 6 year olds, and they had very similar answers, plus video games and tv. Then they got to my class, the 7 year olds. I only had four kids there. They all got up, except for Ian. He leaned over and said, I just don't think I'm thankful for anything, especially not my brother. Trying not to laugh, I told him he's probably thankful for his mom and dad. (His mom was sitting right behind us subbing in the older class.) Anyways, so after he did his thing at the mic, he came back and said I stole your idea, oh, and I'm thankful for you, too. So cute! Then they went through the rest of the primary, and they all were very similar, other than one of the older girls who is thankful for cute shoes (a woman after my own heart). Then they said that it was time for the teachers to get up as well. We were egging each other on, but eventually we all got a turn. While I was procrastinating, Ian leaned over and said, You could say you're thankful for our primary class. So, of course, I did say I was thankful for my primary class, my family, and the temple. When I sat down, he said, See, you used my idea, so did all the other teachers, I didn't know they'd say that too.
At dinner on Sunday night, Ford would only eat chicken and a roll. We only had turkey, but hey, it looks like chicken, so that works. I was trying to get him to try different things, to no avail. However, I had made raspberry fluff, which is just coolwhip, sweetened condenced milk, raspberries and lemon juice, to solidify it. So, I said, You should really try this, it's like pudding. He replied with, Didn't I tell you? I only like pudding without raspberries. Like, duh, Aunt Pyper!
2 comments:
I've always thought that Heavenly Father has a sense of humor. Otherwise, he wouldn't send us kids.
i tagged you, you will need to read my blog to get the info
Post a Comment