As a little girl, I dreamed of one day being a heart doctor. That was the plan of seven year old Pyper. Then I realized, science and I don't mix well, neither does math! Cardiology was not the path for me :-) I went through lots of dreams and wishes.
When I graduated from high school I was going to be a high school choir teacher. Things changed, and I eventually received my degree in interior design. This was a major decision that took a lot of praying and pondering. It was a decision that I knew was correct. I've had a lot of great experiences with it, and it certainly fit "the plan". The plan just hasn't happened the way I planned.
At Snowbird, this year, I was on a walk with one of my good friends. He asked me if I regretted that decision, because he knew of my unhappiness in my current job. I knew it was right when I made the decision. He said that maybe it was right for then, but maybe not anymore. I thought about that for a LONG time. I did have other interests that kept coming to mind. I needed a game plan!
I pondered and researched, and came up with a few ideas of what my next move would be. Through this pondering, I checked the job classifieds every day.
I came up with a list of what I wanted to do next:
1. Get my real estate license.
2. Become an institute or seminary teacher for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
3. Blog for Time Out for Women or something like that. I would love to have the opportunity to share/speak with MidSingles all over the place. I'd love to spread positivity. How to get involved with that? NO idea!
All the while still checking classifieds, I found a couple jobs to apply for. Both called or emailed me, and set up interviews for the same day. I left one so certain I wanted it, it's all I could think about! I get to start in the next week! I'm so excited!
So, my list will have to wait. I'm excited for this new opportunity!
No comments:
Post a Comment