Saturday, November 23, 2013

What you may or may not know about me :)

On Facebook, they've been doing that "give you a number" thing, and then you post that amount of things about yourself that people may or may not know.  I don't usually jump on the band wagon with all of those things, like the breast cancer awareness... going here for how long, etc.  I figured I could share some things on here if anyone was interested...

1.  I used to fish with my dad, and loved it!  Every once in a while we go to a fish farm now, but that's not the same...  I still don't have to ever touch the fish, though!

2.  I only made it through one girls camp, while I was in young women.  Every time I ended up having some kind of strange disease that landed me in the ER or broke my leg on a night hike, etc..  Once I missed it, because I went to Disneyland.

3.  I broke my leg in the chapel at church falling down the stairs.  No one got up to help me, and the deacons all laughed.  I hobbled all the way outside before crying.  I was 20.  Haha!  So embarrassing!

4.  I'm an introvert.  Probably not a surprise to my family, but probably is to my friends.  I'd rather play with the kids then do anything else at family parties, because we can just play, and I don't have to talk to the adults, not that I don't love them, I just feel like, why/what would they want to hear about me.  When I first started having to be in front of large crowds, I'd have to go off by myself, pray and then put my "I'm in front of people" hat on.

5.  I totally hide behind my responsibilities so I don't have to be in uncomfortable situations.

6.  A guy I dated for a while, last year, biggest complaint, that he stated to me, was that I didn't communicate very well.  I don't think I ever called him more than twice.  I decided I would work hard to be better at that in the future, when that was all done.  I'm still not good at it.  Maybe one day.  Sometimes I'm too cautious about what I'm saying, and I just beat around the bush, which never works.  Then other times I come straight out and say it, which hasn't worked, either.

7.  I know tons of people!  I know their stories, I know their hardships and their joys.  I'm grateful that I get to know it, and support them.  Only a tiny amount of people know me like that.  I don't know if I'm scared to let people in, because they'll leave, or if I just don't like talking about myself.

8.  I say that I love to travel.  I do love seeing new places, and enjoying the beauties there.  I don't like huge crowds.  When we were at Disneyland last week, Akston kept throwing himself on the ground (he's almost 2), and I was nearly having panic attacks knowing he was going to be trampled. 

9.  My most favorite place ever is American Fork Canyon!  Other favorites include Snowbird and Eden/Huntsville area... I'm a home body. 

10.  My piano is my greatest outlet!  When I'm happy, when I'm sad, when I'm hurt or when I'm thrilled, when I want to share my feelings without saying them, I can play them!

11.  I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true!  I don't know where I would be without this knowledge.  I love reading the scriptures and the words of the prophets.  I need to be constantly reading and studying in order for me to feel peace through all of the worries, concerns, fears that I often have. 

2 comments:

EmmaP said...

#5 - hiding behind your responsibilities. Yep. I see that! What would you do if you had NONE? hehehe.

#6 - I on the other hand blurt stuff out all the time. I think it's great to recognize where we need to work and improve on to better our relationships.

Pyper Nicholes said...

I'd be stuck in lots of uncomfortable situations!!! I'm going to start blurting stuff out, and see how that works! :)