Saturday, August 31, 2013

This last week Brigham Bradley, who graduated in my graduating class at Northridge, drowned.  I don't think I ever knew Brigham, but reading the posts by so many people from school about him, it sounded like he was a fantastic guy.  Then one of my friends grandpa passed away last weekend.  These two events got me thinking.

One girl blogged about Brigham, and quoted what one of her friends said:

"I hate that things happen, big life-changing things and the sun keeps coming up and the rest of the world doesn't seem to notice and you are left thinking 'You don't understand!  You can't just go to a movie or go to the store!  This amazing person isn't here anymore and you didn't even know them!"

Those thoughts are so familiar to me, but I've never put them into words.  I remember the day that Grandpa Ross passed away, Collin said he didn't want to fall asleep, because as long as he was awake he was in the same day that Grandpa was. 

I remember once being at Grandma Mamie's house months after she had passed away, and the clock in her kitchen was ticking away.  I was so put out that those batteries making that clock work had out lived her.

These experiences that we face, losing those we love are so hard.  I am so grateful for the gospel! I don't know how I would survive without the knowledge that I will one day be with my daddy again or with my grandma or my grandpas.  I'm grateful that all we need to do is ask, with real intent to know if this is true, and our prayers will be answered!  We are so blessed!

This talk gives me comfort! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post, Pyper! Thanks so very much for sharing.

Pyper Nicholes said...

Thanks, Jaymie!