Monday, July 29, 2013

I Know my Heavenly Father Loves Me...

In Primary every Sunday we have a jar that has the names of all of the primary kids and leaders names in it.  As a name is drawn, they come up to the microphone and say, "I know my Heavenly Father loves me, because_____." (and they fill in the blank.)  Then they put a little clear stone in a jar. 

Sometimes their answers are funny things that they say to get a reaction, and every once in a while they're so thoughtful!  It's funny, but a lot of the junior primary (3-8 year olds) answers are the more deep, thoughtful answers.  One little guy, without even having to think about it, rushed up to the microphone and said he knew that Heavenly Father loved him, because Heavenly Father gave him a great mom!  They're just so cute!

My name was picked out a few months ago, and I said, "I know Heavenly Father loves me, because of the responsibilities He trusts me with."  That's only one of a million reasons I know Heavenly Father loves me!

Yesterday we had an amazing devotional given by TC Christensen, director of "Ephraim's Rescue" and "17 Miracles."  I haven't seen Ephraim's Rescue, yet, but I've seen clips, heard from one of the actors, the director, and have heard stories of Ephraim Hank's life.  I do want to see it immediately, though!  TC was an amazing presenter!  That's not what I want to talk about, though.  I want to talk about another way that I know Heavenly Father loves me... 

As I was preparing for yesterday's multiple meetings, I found myself anxiously excited for the day to come.  Then on Saturday, I was so ornery! I just felt uptight, annoyed, and frustrated.  Where am I going with this?  Well, it was a process.  I had to take time to evaluate what was the cause, why I would be feeling this way, etc.  I needed to be able to feel the Spirit, so I'd be able to do my part, and function on Sunday.  So, I came home from shopping and instead of doing anything that I had planned, I went straight to my bedroom, prayed and read from the Book of Mormon.  I read Alma 26 and Alma 27. In Alma 26:27 it reads: "Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth.  Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen."  I know that God is mindful of every people, that means ME and it means YOU, too!  That's another way that I know Heavenly Father loves me!

As Sunday came and went, I felt overwhelmingly grateful for the people that are in my life, that are their when I need them, and that give so freely of their time! 

As I sat down next to TC on the stand, he asked me who I was, and what my job was being there.  I was able to sit with him and joke around and feel completely comfortable.  For some reason at that moment I remembered that it wasn't that many years ago that I could barely stand to call people or have to talk to people.  Like the man in Hungary told me, I'd never be a good missionary, because I never talked.  Wow!  How things have changed!  I'm so grateful for the opportunities I have been given to grow and strengthen my testimony.  I'm grateful for my testimony!!!

Want to know more?!  Follow this link

No comments: