You know that I like to share some of the excitement going on in the LDS Mid-Singles world. I've been lucky enough to be included in some monumental moments in people's lives. I'm so grateful for the chances I've had to get to know so many people and serve with them, and get to know them so well. I will forever be thankful for the opportunities that being the chair person for this mid-singles program has given me. Congrats to everyone that's getting married or has gotten married in the past month and those graduating! You're all amazing!
Life is always full of entertainment, stress, and fun! I've been working this part-time job, that is SO FREAKIN' EARLY in the morning that I about die of tiredness mid-afternoon, and if I don't get a short nap, I get a second wind and a third wind to keep going as late as I need to go, but things seem harder or more stressful or more funny then they really are. I'm in a nearly constant state of being on an emotional roller coaster, where I'm laughing because I'm so tired or I'm crying because I'm so tired. Part of this tiredness, is that people are always asking me if I'm okay. It drives me nuts! Do I look that bad? I will be feeling like I look presentable, and then 3 or 4 people will mention how tired I look or tell me not to worry, I'll be able to relax in such and such time. It does wonders for your self esteem ;)
The other night we had an activity, and this guy had my put eye drops in his eye, because he'd never done it before. Oh my gosh, I was laughing so hard! As he flinched as the drops landed in his eye, I jumped, because it startled me. So weird!
Remember when I was the wingman in a proposal? They got married today! That's another story, though. So, I thought I was done being a wingman, but as I was chatting with this guy, thinking how fun this conversation was, he says, "We should be each other's wingman." As I mentioned, I'm tired all of the time, and I heard him, but it took a couple seconds for me to realize what he said. So, my question is: What exactly does a girl do as a wingman? He said he'd watch out for me, and protect me from the creepers, when he's around. He said I could warn him about any crazy girls. I guess it's a good program, but it caught me off guard, and I don't want to be a wingman. There have been a few times since that I thought it would be great to have him there to block me from creepers staring at me. Maybe since he wants to be my wingman, he could set me up with his friends or something. Interesting thought!
Well, those are the rantings of this tired girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment