Q: Do you want to wash your hands?
A: No, I have dark socks on!
Me: Remember to play with your left hand.
Student: Oh, umm, no, I don't usually pay attention to that part.
(And then continued not to play her left hand.)
Q: What's the worst part of your day?
Ev: Grandma didn't come scrape the parmesan off my spoon.
(For whatever reason, Ev was put out that he had a parmesan sauce on his chicken, and wanted ONLY Grandma Colleen to get it off. Of course, she was at home in Layton, and he was at his house at the time :)) Oh, and this was told to me from Ev or Krystal to Collin to Mom to me.
At this workshop I attended on Saturday, it talked about Stepping Forward. It was done by Kerry and Jill Shepherd. She talked about the different shoes she has worn, and what they mean to her... i.e. National Guard boots, combat boots for Afghanistan, pumps for Miss Utah. Anyways, she said, "We're given many different shoes in our lives, but it's what we do with them that's important." I really liked that, of course I would enjoy anything about shoes, but I totally loved that idea, because it's so true! It's up to us to make those choices and decisions to get us where we want to go.
"The Lord sometimes referred to Joseph [Smith] as His servant, His son and His friend. What's the difference? Servants are required to work. Sons are expected to work. However, friends work because they want to."
No comments:
Post a Comment