Saturday, August 29, 2009

Today was pretty much a fantastic day! It was jam packed, super crazy, but really nice! There was a baptism at 1:00 of this guy that married one of Mom's laurels. It's neat to see the changes that take place in everyone's life. I was thinking that maybe the entire reason for their little girl to come into this world, the way she did, was to bring him to the gospel. The spirit was very strong there. He had tons of supporters! It was so great to see all of these people that love him and their family step in and show their love and support. There was only standing room in the relief society room, where the font is. These little girls sang a song, that I totally wished I could remember, but I can't, but it was beautiful! I've never heard two voices blend so well, and I've heard millions of people singing! His mom-in-law gave a talk about the Holy Ghost. Once we're baptized members of the church, we take on the name of Jesus Christ. When we are confirmed we are given the gift of the Holy Ghost. We have the Holy Ghost with us constantly, if we live the way we should and keep our covenants. She said it this way, "We're not lucky enough to be living on the earth WITH Jesus Christ, but because of that HE has given us the Holy Ghost, which is HIS way of walking with us through everything." Through the ups and the downs, the joys and the sorrows, the Holy Ghost is with us, to comfort us. Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior. He's our elder brother. The Holy Ghost is the Comforter. He does just that, comforts us.

After the baptism, I played the piano for a practice for a play that a few of the youth in our stake are doing for "Standards Night." Then I went to the temple and did some work there. What a wonderful day!

No comments: