Friday, June 19, 2009

Time to play movie critic again...

I've seen quite a few movies lately, both old and new ones. The three I've decided to critique today are:

1. UP

The previews didn't show anything like what really happened. I really enjoyed it, and it's been a couple weeks since I saw it, and I've decided I really liked it. It was written more for adults than kids. I was surprised by how grown up the context was. I was heart broken for Mr. Fredricksen, when he lost his Ellie. Ford leaned over, and said, "This is a sad movie." Very cute show, even the scary parts!

2. Kung fu Panda

I didn't see this when it was originally in theaters, but I got to go with my nephews to it this week at the Syracuse theater, with the summer kids' movies. I was laughing so hard, during so many parts. Jack Black is funny as a cartoon! It was so funny and creative! It was a great message about finding yourself. You're important, just as you are! Great message and fun with so many fun characters!

3. The Proposal

I love romantic comedies with Sandra Bullock. There are so many characteristics that you see from her in most of her movies, which makes the movies somewhat predictable, but still really fun! I've only seen a couple of Ryan Reynolds' movies, and he's so cute! The office workers were ridiculous, as the supporting cast. So over done! Oscar Nunes, was so different from his character in The Office, but he was so embarrassing in parts, it was uncomfortable. Betty White was hilarious! Craig T. Nelson didn't have much to do, he was hardly in it. Mary Steenbergen was really cute, like an everyday normal lady. It was a cute story, but they could have changed up the ending. It was sort of like they took "I fell in love with you." "Me?" "All of you!" from While You were Sleeping, and plugged it in to this movie! I still loved it!

No comments: