There was a horrible tragedy in our old ward last week. On Sunday morning, I was awakened by Mom coming home and telling me she had terrible news. A young man in our old ward had been in an accident that wasn't that bad, until he got out of the car to check the damage and another car hit into the back of the first car that had hit him. I didn't know Josh that well. What I did know, was that I was so impressed, the few interactions that we had, with the spirit about him. He knew who he was, he knew the Church was true, and you could see that eminating from him. He passed away on Sunday. His family donated his organs, which is the best gift that can be given. I'm so grateful all of the time for the family that chose to donate a heart to Grandpa Ross. I definitely think it's so much easier being on the side of receiving rather than donating. Josh's little sisters were in my primary class, and I just love them so much! They talked about him often in class and couldn't wait for the day until he came home from his mission. He came home in August, and was able to confirm them each as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. What a great blessing! My heart has broken for those two little girls, and their big sisters, brother, and parents. Upon hearing the news, I immediately wanted to go hug them, but waited a day until I did. I was nervous of what to say, but I was so grateful I had gone. I was truly honored to be asked to play the piano for the funeral. I picked out many songs that I felt prompted to, and I loved being able to share that with the many people who love Josh. For not knowing him very well, other than right when he got home and a few chats on facebook, I bawled so hard. I could barely make it through the opening hymn, Called to Serve. I was grateful to be able to accompany his sisters doing their musical numbers, as well. My heart goes out to them, and I hope they know that they can depend on me whenever they need me, they're such a great family!
Tonight we went to Celine Dion. I bought tickets for Mom for her Christmas present 2007. The concert was supposed to be on Nov. 21, 2008, which happens to be Mom and Dad's wedding anniversary. I thought that would be a great way to spend that evening. Well, about four days before the concert they sent out an e-mail saying that the show had been postponed to today. I was bugged by that because today is Sunday, and that was a special day for Mom. I have been bothered by the whole Sunday issue, but I had spent about $160 on these tickets. So, we went. It was amazing! The opening act wasn't so wonderful. It was a comedian that works the Golden Nugget in Las Vegas. He was quite talented, but there were some pretty bad things that he said. However, Celine Dion was amazing! I feel like a total dork saying that, but she is so talented. Her range and her breath control, I just can't believe it. Anyways~ other than some really strange choreography and dancers and a couple of facial expressions, it was totally cool! She had seven costume changes and they were stunning. My most favorite part of any conert is the way the lights are progammed and how cool the stage and layout is. I've been to a lot of concerts and have never seen a stage like this one. Everything moved! There was a moving sidewalk around the entire stage. The stage was in the center of the court, a giant square and then had two walkouts with circular stages. It was so great!
1 comment:
That was so sad to hear about Josh from your ward. I hope the family is doing well and things go well for them.
How fun to see Celine Dion!! I am glad it was great!
Post a Comment