Today, being the sunday before Christmas, we went to two Sacrament meetings. We first went to our ward, where the talks were all about charity and the charity of Christ. They were very good talks and the ward choir sang Christmas songs, but it was so weird to not have a "Christmas message." Then I had primary. I was playing in Hobbs Creek ward at 1:00, so I had my primary class go into class time with the senior primary, so that I could teach some of my lesson. That didn't work out too well, because I had to go practice and opening exercises went on for a really long time. However, I did have enough time to get them in class and give them their little Christmas presents. Then, I had my cute mom take the first part of my class and then I had a sub for the rest so Mom could come listen to the Nicholas' family do the Christmas program. My class thought they were so cool, because they didn't have just one teacher, they got three teachers!
It was such a great Sacrament meeting. The spirit was so strong there. I was talking with Mom about it, to see if she agreed with my thinking that it wasn't so strong just because I love the people doing the program and I love the ward. There is a completely different spirit between the two wards that is almost tangible. I loved getting to play the piano for the primary, the young women group and the Nicholas' family. I'm so grateful for the gifts and talents I've been given, and I'm so happy when I get to share them. While I was playing for the young women, my stomach was doing flips, which is weird, because I usually can play anything anywhere without getting nervous. Then I realized what was causing me such discomfort. My old drama teacher was sitting by me to make sure my music didn't fall off. I'd asked him to, not realizing that I was sinking back into my self-conscious issues like I was in highschool. It took me until the next song to say to myself Hey, there's no point in being stressed. I can play the piano, I shouldn't let him affect me. He's just a regular person. I have nothing to prove to him. Then I was fine. I was grateful he was there to turn my pages, and it was fun once I let go of my self esteem issues! What a dork am I sometimes! I just have to say I love my old ward!!!
2 comments:
I am doing midnight mass this year at the Madeline. Alisha and Jake are joining me, possibly Garrett and maybe even a couple co-workers. Are you in? They will have a Christmas message. Love ya!
Thank you! For everything.
I understand about the self-consious thing. Isn't it silly what things will so very quickly take you back to your high school insecurities? You witnessed mine a few days ago!
Post a Comment