Friday, October 10, 2008

Sanford Ross Nicholes, Jr.

Today is my dad's 53rd birthday. It strange to think of him at that age, but I'm pretty sure I know what he would look like. To celebrate, we as a family always go to Sunday Brunch at Little America, the Sunday of General Conference (Good thing we can see the replay online, when we get home). He and Mom would go to Sunday brunch the weekend of our Snowbird week, but this is easier, so we don't have to miss out on our Sunday assignments.

I never enjoy working on Oct. 10 or Oct. 17, due to Dad days. However, I had to this year, at least today, but it wasn't that bad. I was sad that I didn't get to go to the temple with Mom, but from now on, I'll go with her.

I'm so grateful for my dad. I didn't have him here on this earth for very long, but I know he's watching out for me. I just have to ask Heavenly Father for him to be able to help me, and I can feel Dad with me. I'm so grateful that we have an eternal family. One day, we're going to spend eternity catching up and getting to know each other better.

3 comments:

Camille said...

So, I love to read your blog. You are so insightful and just write about the best things- you always make me think about how I can be better. I loved this post- I love what you do to remember your dad. And congrats on starting your dream job! I hope that everything goes well!!!

The Nicholes said...

Your dad was a joy to be around.

Pfahim said...

A great man was our father! To think that so much of who we are and what we're like is based on who he was is amazing--to think I was four and you were seven when he passed away. That was 21 years ago. We have grown so much since, but because of his life, and the short time we spent with him, we are better people than we would have been without him. The best part about who Dad was is what he passed on to those around him. Even better is that we can follow his example and do likewise.