So, since coming home, it's been kind of an adventure. Wednesday night I was taking Grandma's laundry to her and instead of carrying the laundry basket in front of me to go down our stairs, I was holding it on my hip. Duh! It's a big basket, and we had a wreath hanging on the railing, so with all of those widths added up, I bumped the basket into one of those things, and ended up falling down four stairs, hitting my back pretty hard on the wood railing. I thought I cracked a rib, but I think it just ended up being bruised.
The weekend was pretty wonderful. Mom was called as Stake Young Womens President. It was an enjoyable, spiritual experience.
Then, yesterday, I was driving around looking for different design sources up in this area, talking to ALee on my phone, and I heard this weird noise. I couldn't feel anything, but it sounded weird, so I pulled off the side of the road. I had a flat tire. After contemplating what to do, Mom was in school, Collin was in Florida, I called Amy. Thank heavens she wasn't too busy. Then I got out all of the equipment to change my flat, and couldn't get the lug nuts to even move. I was jumping up and down on the thing, and it wasn't budging. So, I sat on the curb, thinking of another plan, when a truck pulled over. It was so sad, my first thought was please don't kill me. It was this cute old man, that was so nice. We tried pumping it back up, with two different pumps, and then Amy got there. The pumps weren't doing a thing. So, Amy and the guy changed my tire, and somehow I was the one with grease on my forehead, face, and ear. Don't ask me how that happened. So, I ended up having to get two new tires.
Then last night, I was working out at the gym, and I was working on a weight machine for abs, and I started to get this horrible pain in my back and chest. I thought back to what might have happened and figured I really had broken a rib when I fell, and that's what all of the pain was. So, we went home when we were done, and the pain got worse and worse. I tried to sleep, but laying down made it worse and sitting wasn't helping, and standing up wasn't helping, so after about three hours of pain, I finally decided I'd better get to the ER. Everyone knows I'm sick a lot, but this was my first time ever to the ER, and usually I don't go to the doctor. Anyways, we got there and my blood pressure was really high for me, maybe for anybody, I know the bottom number was causing concern at 159/113. They did a whole bunch of blood work, an EKG, and x-rays. Everything turned out to be just fine. He gave me some heavy duty acid reflux medicine, and told me I might have an ulcer, but nothing life threatening. I was so scared it was a heart attack, and Dad had his first at 29, so I'm almost there. The doctor said your enzymes should be under eight, to be considered healthy. Mine were zero! My blood pressure, also, got way better 107/60. Back where it should be.
So, all in all, I've had a very expensive couple of days!
3 comments:
Pyper! How scary about your ER scare! I am happy that everything checked out okay! Hopefully things start looking up!
What?!? How scary...I am glad it all turned out ok in the end. I am glad you and your mom had such a great trip back east! Love ya
My poor little sister. You need to stop doing these sickness things!
Post a Comment