Monday, September 1, 2008
President Uchtdorf
I have to tell you, I was having a rough day at work. It was so busy, but people weren't buying. I was having issues with a couple co-workers, and I had to keep telling myself to let it go, or I might go postal. So, as I was helping some clients, and I was just so tired, I looked up and there was a familiar face. I kept looking, going that has to be who I think it is, but why would anybody as wonderful as that be here...But, yes, it was who I thought it was. President Dieter F. Uchtdorf. I went to greet him and his family, and offer my service. I was a dork, as usual, in an unfamiliar circumstance. I just said, "Hello, Pres. Uchtdorf," and stood there kind of like in My Big Fat Greek Wedding when the girl stands there and says, "...your own personal Greek statue..." or something like that. He shook my hand, and acted like he'd known me forever, and then they just wandered while I got caught up with my clients. It was a little piece of heaven!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Favorite Sites
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Jesus Christ, the Son of God
- Provident Living
- Designs by Pyper
- ReAL!!!
- Major League Soccer
- Someday Crafts
- Find out about the Restoration of the Gospel
- Cupkateer
- Prisma Markers
- The Drudge Report
- Great site for all of my drafting/rendering equipment
- Monarch of the Glen
2 comments:
Although I don't really remember anything about that Greek movie, I can imagine how you felt. it was probably similar to the way I felt when I decided I would hug then-Elder Eyring--without warning him.
WOW! This story is so awesome.
Isn't great to know that these men are just regular guys, out shopping! (ha!ha!)
Post a Comment