I really enjoyed the meeting today. Sister Beck is such a neat lady. I enjoyed her thought of Relief Society being "another mom." Granted, at this point, in the ward I'm in, I don't enjoy the relief society activities. I haven't been to any Sunday RS meetings, because I'm in primary, though.
Anyways, I loved Sis. Allred's talk about the temple. I can't believe the sacrifices that some people make, to get to the temple. The part about her stake traveling five days both ways to get to the Mesa, AZ temple, to have to eat crackers and margarine to be able to afford the trip is such a huge sacrafice. I feel so lucky to have temples so close to me. Within one hour north or south, I can reach two temples to the north, and including the two that haven't been dedicated to the south, I can reach six temples. What a blessing! I remember being in Hungary and visiting with people who's goals were to make it to the temple once in their life time, and we have them right here.
Sister Thompson is always fun to listen to. I enjoyed hearing about the history of Relief Society. I felt like Pres. Uchtdorf's talk was aimed directly at me. It's amazing how the spirit works to show you things that you're in need of hearing. I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ!
No comments:
Post a Comment