Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Today I was at work listening to the girls talking about how mothers are supposed to be the person that always supports a child and has faith in them, but how they seem to be the ones that are the least supportive. I was sad to hear this, and at the same time grateful that my mom wasn't like that. Of course, my mom wasn't one of those that gave you false hope. She's always been so supportive, down to earth, and knows the right time to give you reality checks. I'm so lucky!
I really enjoyed the article in August 2008's Ensign, Love, Limits, and Latitude. I suggest everyone check it out.

1 comment:

Pfahim said...

We really do have a great mom! She has always been good at being a friend, but a mother first. She's so much better than those dumpy parents who don't parent, but act like they're their children's friends or older siblings. Being blessed with a mother like ours, we've been given a friend, a mentor and a guide. She's the greatest!